Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello there!

The other Carolyn here! (I have a feeling this is going to get confusing) Currently, I am about 100 pages into Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and I'm really enjoying it. Oskar Schell (the main character) is quite profound in an odd and quirky way. Besides that, my only exposure to JSF has been through Nicole who can't stop talking about him or Nicole Krauss sometimes. I'm really excited to read more of Foer's books, but I'm especially excited to meet him and hear what he has to say. I'm glad we're reading his recommendations this summer because its like we've already met Foer and begun to learn from him. I hope that the hype about this symposium class can top that of last year's class. They made everyone so excited for Hornby to visit! I want our class to make the entire school want to meet Foer, just as they all wanted to meet Hornby. I'm excited to see what we all come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.