Have a great summer everyone, and see you all in the fall!
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? ...we need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." -Kafka
Monday, June 6, 2011
Hey there, it's Sarah and I'm very, very excited to be part of the symposium class next year! I have not yet read any of Foer's books; however, we recently bought Tree of Codes which looks incredible. I'm planning on reading it over the summer. It's like a piece of art! Everyone I've asked about Foer has had great things to say, so I'm really looking forward to reading his novels and other works that have influenced him. I think it will be such a great and unique experience to meet Foer and talk to him personally about his work and his writing process/style. As everyone else has mentioned, this year's symposium class did an especially good job of getting the school excited for Hornby's arrival, and I hope we can as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.