Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oscar for ELIC?

I read an article in the New York Times yesterday about the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. The article says that while it has only been shown to a select group of critics, it is already creating Oscar buzz. Some producers try to delay the release of their films because they don't want the buzz to die before the academy begins to critique. This time, though, it seems like the film simply isn't finished yet. (The article says it has only been completed for the past week, but there may be final revisions).
I had a couple problems with the article. First, the journalist didn't even mention that the movie is based on the book by Foer until almost the end of the review. Also, there is no mention of Oscar/Oskar, which, I think, would have been amusing.

I found the article on the website here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/09/movies/awardsseason/scott-rudin-holds-oscar-cards-close-with-extremely-loud.html

1 comment:

  1. haha "one box of kleenex might not suffice." i'm so excited for this movie!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.