I couldn't find any good, long clips from the film, so here is the trailer. This film was mesmerizing, entertaining, funny, and disturbing. I highly recommend it
At about 30 seconds, she briefly describes her new system to transport the cattle which I mentioned in class. (The ramp looking thing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ff9eW0vEj0
Zoe, I loved Temple Grandin! It was a great film. Every time it's on TV I make sure to watch at least a few minutes. Claire Danes does an AMAZING job as Temple, a difficult role I'm sure, seeing that Temple has autism. Watching this film was really the first time I got a taste of what actually went on inside farms and how animals for slaughter are really treated. As I'm going through my own existential crisis and trying to figure out how the book we've all just read will transfer into my own life and eating habits, I recognize that Temple, one woman, did so much to change the industry. Obviously it's still far from perfect, but she did something. Now I just ask myself, can I do something, too? Even if I choose to eat less meat or even become a vegetarian, will it be enough? Everyone should watch this film! Great, great, great.
ReplyDelete