Thursday, December 8, 2011

thoughts

After having finished eating animals, I decided that I will still be eating meat. I can't help it- it tastes too good and I'm much too picky of an eater. Without meat, there probably isn't much else I would eat for protein. Even though I still plan on eating meat, that doesn't mean that Foer's words haven't had an impact on me. I no longer blindly eat meat without thought to the animal that has been slaughtered for my meal. Everytime I take a bit of any meat, I begin to feel inmensly guilty- not, however, guilty enough to abstain from meat completely. I think that, especially after studying Foer and developing such an intense connection to him and his work, I will always feel guilty after eating meat, possibly even for the rest of my life. Although reading this book has not inspired me to become a vegetarian or caused me to create a plan to take down factory farming, I think that after feeling so guilty from each piece of meat I consume, I may find that my overall meat intake will decrease greatly from the amount of meat I used to eat. I can only hope that this does not disappoint Foer too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.