
I've been playing around online to see how the colored hand thing would look on the back of a t-shirt (just to get a basic idea) and this is what I came up with. Thoughts? (Assuming we could get the two main hands facing opposite directions--I wasn't able to flip the NO one)
I really like this! I'm just wondering if there's something else we could put on the front, or should we just keep it simple like this?
ReplyDeleteLooks good! We just need to flip the hands and maybe get a couple of different colors in there (like red for the cover). But other than that I think it's great. The front does look a little plain, but I think it'll be alright because the back is so colorful.
ReplyDeleteThat really came out looking pretty good I'd say I like the hands kind of jumbled together like that. Originally I had thought that they would kind of surround the "yes" and "no" hands so that the two center ones would give a kind of clarity apart from all of the madness. Seeing this though, I think that the jumbled, overlapping hands do a perfect job of conveying that. How was adding on all of the extra color and hands in terms of price? Also, if we do figure out how to invert them, do you think it would be a good idea to invert the hands in the background to kind of add to the disorder?
ReplyDeleteIn a word, this shirt design is solid. I really like how the back of the shirt turned out and it is something that could end up a being very memorable shirt. I do agree that we could do a little something more with the front, even if it is just "Foer Foerever" or something of that nature. With regard to the year, I think it would be cool if it went backwards in time, from 2012-2011, or even 2012-1909 for when the school was founded. I think that would encompass a key element of "Everything is Illuminated." Also, maybe we could show Foer's face on the front, but also have a t-shirt within a t-shirt (showing his face each time) to get the metafictional idea on the shirt. However, I really like this design and would be happy to wear something based on the design.
ReplyDeleteI think the front needs something else to go on the front. Its just kind of an average front, and I think the front should stand out. People should be able to look at it and say "Wow, thats weird. i wonder what that's all about." The back is great, but I think if its possible to rotate the hands in the back, to make it even more confusing. Right now its too ordered, I think. Everything is standing up straight and rigid, and even reversed, I don't htink it gets across the order-on-chaos.
ReplyDeleteI agree that some of the hands on the back need to be inverted, and it would be ideal to have the "no" hand also be inverted; however, i do love how the overlapping colors came out! I kinda wish there was a way to get different hands that are less boxy and more like the ones on ELAIC cover...
ReplyDeletePersonally, i don't mind having a plain front at all. especially if the back is so chaotic. having something meta on the front could also make the shirt too busy, making the back of the shirt stand out less. i really like the design sarah!
Jason- I love the idea of putting 2012-1909 as the date on the front, instead of just 2012.
ReplyDeleteIt's up to everyone else to decide whether we want something more on the front. I agree with Kelly though, we have to be careful because putting a design on the front could be way overboard. Especially the meta thing. It's a cool idea, but I think it would be way to busy.
As for the inverted hands, I'm all for that, and I would have done that had customink had an option. People in class said we should find a different site to do them on anyways because customink is usually more expensive, so we can explore the options there (including finding a less boxy hand).
And speaking of expensive, if we ordered 100 of those, they would be about $13.00 each, which is much less than I thought they would be. 150 would bring it down to $12. Plus, if we can find a cheaper site to do it on, we'd be golden.
I don't think we need a whole different illustration or theme on the front, but just something different. Something that will grab people's attention instead of just being there. A different location, a new image, just something out of the ordinary.
ReplyDelete