Monday, October 24, 2011

We Found Love - Rihanna



I realize that this song is a little too upbeat for the tone of "Joe", but I think that some parts of it connect really well to the story. The intro to the music video talks about being in a bad place and wanting to go back to the past, which was a central theme in "Joe" because he gets sick and then "everything happens backward". He also talks about the good times of the past, like when his daughter was born and when they went to the beach. Both the lyrics and "Joe" have a retrospective theme.
The song is basically a repetition of the line "we found love in a hopeless place" (catchy, I know). At the end of the story, Joe, who is sick and distant from his wife, goes out to her in the garden. "He doesn't know what he needs to tell her. He only knows the need". This moment for me was when the couple finally connected again after being so distant, or rather, in a hopeless place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.