The song that I chose was "Under the Bridge" by Straight No Chaser. The song starts off with the lyrics, "Sometimes I feel like I don't have a partner. Sometimes I feel like my only friend." I thought this beginning related to the story "Joe" because it reminded me of how Joe and his wife seem estranged in the beginning of the story. The line, "Lonely as I am, together we cry," also make me think of "Joe" because throughout the story, both Joe and his wife seemed to each be feeling upset on their own. However, in the end, no matter how lost they fell, the two seemed to come back together. Also, I chose the Straight No Chaser version of this song, rather than the one by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, because I thought that the acapella in this version seemed to fit better with "Joe".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGN2R0vq1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGN2R0vq1w
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.