Wednesday, October 12, 2011

just a thought

This is just a thought, but I'm really disappointed that most of the school won't be reading Everything is Illuminated!!! I mean, I know that they will read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, but I wish the rest of them would read all of his books too! But I guess that's one of the perks to being in Symposium...I really hope that they do anyway though!

2 comments:

  1. I agree- I think we should definitely try to encourage the rest of the school to pick up his other books (other than the ones they're reading in class).
    We could do selected readings and summaries in assemblies.

    Especially for EIL, we just need to pick a hilarious section (which there are plenty of) and people might be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that a lot of people will be interested in EIL if we just advertise it right... I know that the thing i loved about this book the most was how it actually made me laugh out loud (to the point where I got weird looks) and also feel sad (fine I'll admit it, the end made me almost cry...). I agree with Sarah that reading some funny Alex parts will help others get interested.

    and it's just too good of a book to only be read by two classes!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.