Sunday, November 13, 2011

Movie watching and Ziz watching and hands

For those of you who were able to attend the movie night on Friday, thank you for coming. I'm glad you enjoyed the oh-so meta Stranger than Fiction. For those of you who weren't able to make it, we talked about the t-shirt more and decided to find better-shaped hands and instead of arranging lots of colored hands behind the Yes/No hands to instead Photoshop the hands on the cover and include Thomas' line from Extremely Loud: "every book, for me, is the balance of yes and no." Becca worked on the hands in Photoshop yesterday, and here's what she came up with.

The "Yes" and "No" on the hands will be transparent, so they are the same color as the shirt, which I really like. What do others think? What color do we want the shirt to be? I think we should have the quotation in the same font as the "Yes" and "No" but in red. We talked about still having JSF on the front breast of the shirt and the dates under his name can be 2012-1983 (going back in time like he does in Everything is Illuminated to the first year of Symposium). Or, we can have 2012-1909 to go back to the founding of the school. Or, we can simply have 2012-2011 to encompass this year. What does everyone think? I'm especially interested to hear from those of you who weren't able to make it to Friday's gathering--we don't want to exclude you.

And, of course some obligatory Ziz artwork...




3 comments:

  1. I love the red hands! Those look so much better than the ones we had before. I think the quote fits in really well also. As for the dates, I think the 2012-1983 would be cool because it dates back to the beginning of the symposium, but it also might be a little confusing if it's right underneath JSF's name since it kind of seems like it was when he was born. 2012-2011 is good too though and I like how the dates go backwards. The Ziz picture is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, i like these hands better, but i also think they look a little weird facing out. acknowledging that the words are supposed to be on the palms, could we try to flip them in as if someone is looking directly at the palms being held up? i dont know if it would even look better, i just think it's worth trying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I said the exact same thing in class, but apparently they don't think that it's that big of an issue. I still disagree.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.