"We like her better"- When my sister and I were little and one of us got a present or something that the other one didn't, we would, of course, complain. For instance, when my sister got a new game that I really wanted, I would complain to my parents about how unfair that was and undoubtedly ask, "how come Chelsea gets that and I don't?" The standard answer from my parents was always, and still is, "because we like your sister better than you." It was a real self-esteem booster.
"Shut the duck up"- Rather than using the obvious swear word, my grandma used to shout this phrase at her dog when she wouldn't stop barking or at my grandpa, nicknamed Grumpy for obvious reasons, when he was really pissing her off. It became such a common phrase around our house that we started buying both my grandma and many family friends t-shirts, which we found online, that have a huge picture of a duck and say "shut the duck up."
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.