Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remember Me

Not to just throw another "while I was working on my paper I realized ____" post on the blog, but I just happened to remember a random connection that I hadn't thought about before. My paper (in a very summarized manner) is about memory and remembering, and while I was thinking about other ways to think about memory, I all of a sudden remembered JSF's brother's book, Moonwalking with Einstein, and I looked into it more. Apparently, his book is the journey as Joshua goes from "memory novice" to "national champion in the 2006 U.S. Memory Championship" (yes they have one). I just really appreciated the fact that a theme that was so prominent in both JSF's books and his influence's books (Roth) was also a topic that really struck with is brother. Kinda cool, huh?

If you want more info about Joshua's journey down memory lane if you will, I found this article especially interesting:

http://fort-greene.thelocal.nytimes.com/2011/03/10/joshua-foer-flexes-his-memory-at-greenlight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.