Wednesday, November 30, 2011

chicken...


I made the brilliant decision to read tonight’s chapter of Eating Animals right before I sat down to eat dinner. My mom made stir fry, and when I sat down to eat, I didn’t really think anything of it. However, when I stabbed a piece of chicken on my fork and started to bring it up to my mouth, I just couldn’t bring myself to eat it. I don’t know whether this aversion to chicken will last for longer than tonight, but JSF definitely made me think twice about food and what I was eating for dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. This just happened to me too!

    I was sent to pick up my sister while my mom made dinner. While I waiting for her, I read the chapter. As soon as we got home, my mom served dinner--pasta with large pieces of chicken.

    Needless to say, I picked around the chicken. Like Nicole, at least for tonight, I couldn't bring myself to eat it.

    The book seems to have taken quite a dramatic turn in this chapter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Me too! I finished reading the section, and told my mom that I can't eat chicken for a while...she understood, but refuses to read the section! Needless to say, it's not for the faint of heart...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.